Phospholipids are essential molecules that are found in cells. They are found in high concentrations in the lining of practically every cell of the body, including brain cells. In fact, cells cannot function normally without them! Individuals who don’t have a good dietary intake of phospholipids may find that taking these nutrients leads to an improvement in learning and memory.
Phospholipids play several roles in the brain. They determine which minerals, nutrients, and drugs go in and out of the cell. In addition, they also influence communication between brain cells by influencing the shape of receptors and promoting the growth of dendrites.
You hear about phospholipids mostly as lecithin, choline and DHA since they are involved in their compositions. Although present in many foods, phospholipids are found in higher concentrations in soy, eggs and the brain tissue of animals. Our phospholipids are coconut oil derived. They are composed predominantly of diester and triester phosphatides with multiple chain groups.
Even though phospholipids do wonderful and essential things in the body, our interest is in their antibiotic abilities! Phospholipids display a broad range of anti-irritation effects when combined with anionic surfactants. This includes unusually high substantively, long lasting skin conditioning, and a broad spectrum antimicrobial activity. This makes it an excellent antibacterial addition to our monolaurin.
Phospholipids also have functional attributes including gentle cleansing and foaming properties. Because Phospholipidspossesses this unique combination of properties and is virtually non-irritating to skin and eyes, it is an ideal ingredient for our antibacterial Skin and Soap products – even baby care products.
It also has a Green Star Rating of 4.53!
A Summary of Phospholipid Advantages Include:
• Naturally derived • Highly substantive to hair and skin • Broad spectrum antimicrobial activity • Non-irritating to skin and eyes • Excellent foamer and cleanser • Reduces anionic formulation irritation • Deposits essential fatty acids on skin • Repairs damaged skin and hair • Mimics natural phospholipids
Antimicrobial Clinical Properties
Clinical studies show our phospholipids have excellent anti-biotic abilities. Below is a listing of specific bacteria, yeasts and molds our phospholipids defend against. Its performance is also not adversely aﬀected by solution pH, anionic or nonionic surfactants, or typical preservative deactivators.
Test Organism ATCC Type # Min. Inhibitory
• Staphylococcus aureus 6538 Gram + 141
• Staphylococcus epidermidis 14409 Gram + 141
• Streptococcus faecalis 6569 Gram + 141
• Bacillus subtilis 6633 Gram + 71
• Bacillus cereus 11778 Gram + 71
• Micrococcus luteus 4698 Gram + 141
• Escherichia coli 8739 Gram – 24
• Proteus mirabilis 9921 Gram – 24
• Pseudomonas aeruginosa 15442 Gram – 141
• Pseudomonas cepacia 25608 Gram – 71
• Pseudomonas stutzeri 17591 Gram – 71
• Salmonella choleraesuis 10708 Gram – 588
• Enterobacter aerogenes 13048 Gram – 588
• Klebsiella pneumoniae 13883 Gram – 588
• Aeromonas hydrophila 9071 Gram – 24
• Candida albicans 10259 Yeast 376
• Aspergillus niger 6275 Mold 294
• P. expansum 1117 Mold 36
• Aspergillus oryzae 10196 Mold 2350
• Cephalosporium species 12285 Mold 71
When you combine these defensive qualities with our monolaurin, you end up with the best natural antibacterial, yeast and mold fighting supplements available!